    SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
    On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Avi Kivity <> wrote:
    >> Here it is, repeated for the Nth time:
    >> Allow a guest to (optionally) integrate its VFS namespace with the host
    >> side
    >> as well. An example scheme would be:
    >>    /guests/Fedora-G1/
    > [...]
    > You're missing something.  This sub-thread is about someone launching a
    > kernel with 'qemu -kernel', the kernel lives outside the guest disk image,
    > they don't want a custom initrd because it's hard to make.

    Well, you know, I am missing your point here about initrd. Surely the
    guest kernels need to use sys_mount() at some point at which time they
    could just tell the host kernel where they can find the mount points?
    But maybe we're not talking about that kind of scenario here?

      Last update: 2010-03-22 13:53    [W:0.027 / U:18.564 seconds]