SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
From
On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> wrote:
>> What about line number information?  And the source?  Into the kernel with
>> them as well?
>
> Sigh. Please read the _very first_ suggestion i made, which solves all that. I
> rarely go into discussions without suggesting technical solutions - i'm not
> interested in flaming, i'm interested in real solutions.
>
> Here it is, repeated for the Nth time:
>
> Allow a guest to (optionally) integrate its VFS namespace with the host side
> as well. An example scheme would be:
>
>   /guests/Fedora-G1/
>   /guests/Fedora-G1/proc/
>   /guests/Fedora-G1/usr/
>   /guests/Fedora-G1/.../
>   /guests/OpenSuse-G2/
>   /guests/OpenSuse-G2/proc/
>   /guests/OpenSuse-G2/usr/
>   /guests/OpenSuse-G2/.../
>
>  ( This feature would be configurable and would be default-off, to maintain
>    the current status quo. )

Heh, funny. That would also solve my number one gripe with
virtualization these days: how to get files in and out of guests
without having to install extra packages on the guest side and
fiddling with mount points on every single guest image I want to play
with.

Pekka