    SubjectRe: [git pull] drm request 2
    On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Linus Torvalds
    <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Dave Airlie wrote:
    >> Did I mention that driver is in STAGING?
    > Staging is for _improving_ the quality of the drivers, not for making it
    > worse.
    > We still very much have quality standards. The staging tree is for things
    > to get in that don't quite _reach_ the standards we expect, but it's not a
    > blanket excuse for not testing things.
    > And yes, I expect that stuff can be a bit rough during the merge window,
    > after all, the whole point is that we can fix things up. But quite
    > frankly, if _I_ find problems on the few machines I personally build and
    > test on, then what does that say about the bigger picture?
    > IOW, I refuse to pull code that doesn't even work for me. If I did, where
    > would we end up? What do you think should be my minimal quality
    > requirements, if "Oh, it doesn't even build for me" is too much to ask
    > for?
    > So if I find code that doesn't work, I'm not going to just say "whatever".
    > I'm going to reject it.

    So can we get linux-next builds to build with *your* Kconfig? This should
    cut down the amount of crap you see considerably.

    I'm not saying we have too many configuration options and testing them all
    is insane, granted I admit I should have found this one since I do generally
    try and build with nouveau on here.

    I've sent a new pull, take it or not it builds here at least under
    staging/acpi/vga_switcheroo off

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-03-03 00:51    [W:0.022 / U:4.440 seconds]