    SubjectRe: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a single project
    On 03/18/2010 06:48 AM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > * Avi Kivity<avi@redhat.com> wrote:

    >>> It's very simple: because the contribution latencies and overhead compound,
    >>> almost inevitably.
    >>>
    >> It's not inevitable, if the projects are badly run, you'll have high
    >> latencies, but projects don't have to be badly run.
    >>
    > So the 64K dollar question is, why does Qemu still suck?

    Why does Linux AIO still suck? Why do we not have a proper interface in
    userspace for doing asynchronous file system operations?

    Why don't we have an interface in userspace to do zero-copy transmit and
    receive of raw network packets?

    The lack of a decent userspace API for asynchronous file system
    operations is a huge usability problem for us. Take a look at the
    complexity of our -drive option. It's all because the kernel gives us
    sucky interfaces.

    Regards,

    Anthony Liguori

      Last update: 2010-03-18 15:55    [W:0.030 / U:89.144 seconds]