    Subjectuse of setjmp/longjmp in x86 emulator.
    I am looking at improving KVM x86 emulator. Current code does not
    handle some special cases correctly (code execution from ROM, ins/outs
    to/from MMIO) and many exception conditions during instruction emulation
    are not handled correctly. There is a lot of code in emulator that is
    there only for exception propagation. Using setjmp/longjmp will be very
    beneficial here as exception condition during instruction execution
    maps very naturally to setjmp/longjmp, so my question is what about
    adding setjmp/longjmp implementation to the kernel, or alternatively,
    if there is a fear that it can be abused, add it locally to emulator.c?
    Note that instruction emulation is always done in process context.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-03-01 10:21    [W:0.018 / U:21.984 seconds]