    SubjectRe: QUERY: How to call board specific initialization function before map_io or timer_init
    On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 06:37:37PM +0530, viresh kumar wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to call my board specific initialization routine before
    > timer_init or map_io is called.
    > I tried to see that in earlier architectures and found most of
    > architecture call machine
    > specific init function from map_io or init_irq or init_machine.
    >
    > Situation: I need to register my clock framework with
    > arch/arm/common/clkdev framework
    > before actually initializing timer. So i can't do this in
    > "init_machine" as timer_init is called
    > before that.

    One method would be to use an init call from <linux/init.h> which is
    called before these are done (you'll have to work out which one is
    suitable for yourself).

    Either that or ensure that your boards always call a specific
    routine in their init sequence to ensure clocks are registered before
    the timer needs them.

    If I remeber correctly, map_io() is actually called before the timers
    are initialised, so you could add your clocks there.

    --
    Ben

    Q: What's a light-year?
    A: One-third less calories than a regular year.

      Last update: 2010-02-25 17:07    [W:0.023 / U:122.684 seconds]