    SubjectRe: USB mass storage and ARM cache coherency
    Date
    Am Dienstag, 2. Februar 2010 13:39:35 schrieb Catalin Marinas:
    > > For storage that is correct. But what about other sources of pages,
    > > for example iSCSI?
    >
    > In the iSCSI case, does the HCD driver write directly to a page cache
    > page? Or it just fills in network packets that are copied to page cache
    > pages by the iSCSI code (sorry, I'm not familiar with this part of the
    > kernel). If the latter, the cache flushing in the HCD driver would not
    > help and it needs to be done in the iSCSI code.

    As far as I can tell iSCSI does a private copy. But I don't know how
    many methods to transfer code pages over USB exist. I'd say the
    conservative solution is to flush for everything but control transfers.

    Regards
    Oliver

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans