SubjectRe: (boot time consequences of) Linux mdadm superblock question.
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Neil Brown wrote:
> Using user-space autodetection, you can plug "mdadm -I" into udev, and have
> arrays assembled as they are found, and filesystems mounted as arrays are
> assembled, and then you just have to wait for the root filesystem to appear,
> not for "all devices".

Is this ready for testing somewhere? initramfs+mdadm.conf is operator-error
bait, proper auto-assemble that does away with the requirement of an
up-to-date mdadm.conf inside the initrd would help a great deal, there.

It will need something like LVM has to blacklist/whitelist what device
classes it will scan for superblocks though, or it will eventually cause a
lot of trouble.

Henrique Holschuh

  Last update: 2010-02-18 04:01    [W:0.193 / U:0.140 seconds]