    SubjectRe: Linux mdadm superblock question.
    On 23:18 Tue 16 Feb     , Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
    > On Dienstag 16 Februar 2010, Nick Bowler wrote:
    > > I put a complete set of recovery tools into my initramfses so that when
    > > the system is completely fucked up, I have a kernel that is able to boot
    > > until rdinit=/bin/zsh (or /bin/bb, if you prefer) takes over.
    > >
    > > This has the added advantage of working when the root filesystem cannot
    > > be mounted at all: a scenario which does not seem too far-fetched when
    > > the filesystem is located on a raid array.
    > and what do you do if you have to boot from a cd/usb stick and need to access
    > the raid?
    > Simple with auto assembling. Not so much without.

    The same initramfs can be used on a CD or USB stick. If you were
    referring to using someone else's CD or USB stick, then obviously
    mdadm will need to be available.

    Nick Bowler, Elliptic Technologies (

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-02-17 15:29    [W:0.032 / U:0.816 seconds]