SubjectRe: [ users] XZ Migration discussion
> With xz you have just one C/C++ implementation with a single library with
> an undocumented API for C/C++ programmers.

... which is not even widely deployed. I did a quick survey and none of
my systems (none of which terrible old and not particularly embedded)
have it installed and for most them there's only "lzma-utils" in the
distribution package repositories which I understand is not compatible.

I would basically need to download the source by hand and install
it like back in the bad old "unix with all useful commands missing"
HP-UX/Solaris/etc. days.

Please keep .gz and better .bz2

-- -- Speaking for myself only.