SubjectRe: 2.6.33-rc7 problems
From
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM, ST <st@iss.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Hi
>> Well, the card reader apparently reports medium not present.. is there
>> anything in there? how is it not working?
> Just another information: It seems as if *only* the SD Card component of
> the reader is detected. This explains why there are only no medium present
> results in the calls. There was no SD card plugged into the usb-reader. The
> others like CF,Xd,MS are not detected as it seems, while the SD Card component
> is indeed working as expected and seen in the log.

It looks like this device is like a lot of other multi card-readers in
that it actually is 4 separate logical units (one for SD/MMC, one for
CF, one for SM/xD and one for MS). Each of them operates
independently, which is why you get (or should get) 4 separate drives
showing up. I'm still not sure what you're saying the problem is
though - you're not getting all of the drives detected? Can you post
the full dmesg from 2.6.32 when connecting the drive?