SubjectRe: parsic/sh/sparc tracehook breakage when tracing signals
Date
On Thursday 11 February 2010 19:39:50 David Miller wrote:
> From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
> > when i ported the Blackfin code to the tracehook framework, i copied a
> > latent bug from the sparc port. trying to trace another process while
> > handling signals no longer worked (and subsequently broke some of the gdb
> > tests).
>
> What you seem to be missing is that on Sparc TIF_SINGLESTEP will never
> be set, because it does not support hardware single step.
>
> This thread flag is not even defined on that platform.

my point is that these arches never call ptrace_notify(SIGTRAP) from their
signal handlers. maybe the arch is unable to due to some port/hardware
limitation and this is currently the expected behavior.

dont get me wrong ... i dont particularly care if your arch has a bug in it
here. my arch did have a bug and on the off chance that others did too, i
thought i'd drop an e-mail to people. if your arch is in the "limited"
category, feel free to ignore this.
-mike

  Last update: 2010-02-12 01:59    [W:0.036 / U:1.152 seconds]