> The cost and risk is testing the morphing changes, but I think the
> scales tip towards making this truly worth it.

The cost and risk is taking two stable and quite maintainable stacks and
turning them into one unmaintainable broken one..

I'm a little surprised that the old IDE layer which was supposed to be
maintenance only is getting this treatment - except for the research
value of seeing what the differences are in the drivers.

I'm amazed that you'd suggest trashing the current ATA stack to make the
maintenance of the old ones easier - which aren't supposed to be in flux
in the first place.

Alan

  Last update: 2010-02-01 12:08    [W:0.784 / U:0.196 seconds]