    SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for December 27
    From
    On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:04:06 +0100 Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@googlemail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Can you try to upload/push via IPADDR?
    >
    > I can only upload to master.kernel.org, the rest is done by the mirroring
    > software.  I have no access to any of the other kernel.org machines.

    I was wondering about still "slow mirrors" as also checking out before
    Xmas was very slow.
    Now, seeing from an end-users point, the checking-out is just fine.
    I tried to clone
    "$GIT_MIRROR/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/npiggin/linux-npiggin.git" where
    GIT_MIRROR was:

    1. git://130.239.17.7
    2. git://199.6.1.166
    3. git//git.kernel.org
    4. git//git.eu.kernel.org

    All checkouts had around 680-690KiB/s.

    [...]

    >> Can you please upload the patch-diff to
    >> <http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/next/>?
    >
    > If you mean for next-20101223, then there wasn't one.  I ran out of time
    > and just threw away what I had done.
    >
    > If you mean generally, then (see above) it depends on the mirroring
    > software.

    Dunno what you mean with "mirroring software", but I am primarily
    interested in the patch-v2.6.37-rc7-next-20101227 than in an updated
    linux-next GIT repo.
    IMHO, it should be possible to generate this patch from your local GIT
    repo and upload the diff-patch to whereever is fast and accessible by
    you.
    My kernel-build-system has as base a vanilla upstream (here:
    2.6.37-rc7) against which I apply an individual patch-series incl. the
    linux-next diff-patch.
    Hope this helps a bit to understand what I was talking about.

    - Sedat -