    SubjectRE: linux-next: manual merge of the sound tree with the s5p tree
    Takashi Iwai wrote:

    (snip)

    > > > You can merge topic/asoc branch of sound git tree.
    > > > This brach contains the all necessary commits for ASoC and is almost
    > > > never rebased.
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > But I can't merge it because there is no 'topic/asoc' branch in
    > > sound-2.6.git.
    > > (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound-2.6.git)
    > >
    > > Is there another repository?
    >
    > OK, Mark's tree doesn't contain. But you can merge for-2.6.38 tree there.
    >
    > The main sound git tree is found in
    > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git

    Aha~ :-)

    > > And should I merge it in my tree even though don't need all of ASoC
    commits
    > > :-( ?
    >
    > In general yes because this is the tree to be merged to 2.6.38.

    Yeah, I know it.

    > > I'm not sure how many commits are in there...
    >
    > You can keep two branches. One contains only your fixes, and another
    > is the merged branch from yours and from sound git tree. Expose the
    > latter merged tree for linux-next.

    Yeah...however, firstly, my tree will be sent to rmk during 38 merge window,
    if I merge from sound git, for avoiding build error I should send all
    including them not only my patches. I think there is no need to rmk...hmm

    So I did 'cherry-pick' only needed 2 commits in my tree.

    > There are many other ways to manage such things, but the above has
    > worked for me well, at least.

    Yeah I think so...but is there another better way in this case? Hehehe...

    Anyway Merry Xmas ;-)
    Thanks.

    Best regards,
    Kgene.
    --
    Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
    SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

      Last update: 2010-12-23 12:31    [W:0.028 / U:0.012 seconds]