SubjectRe: Early kernel messages are overflowing the static log buffer

>> Yeap, with percpu allocator now mostly stable, I don't think the
>> message needs to be KERN_INFO anymore. I'll change it to KERN_DEBUG.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> This doesn't really help the log buffer overflow problem as KERN_DEBUG
> messages still end up in the buffer. The pr_debug() macro does compile
> out the messages if the system does not have KERNEL debug set, though
> distros also have this set as a default.

Btw, I meant to add that the my patchset allocates the log buffer right
after boot mem is setup. So this output does not affect the overflow
problem, though it is nice to clean up the console output whenever we can.

  Last update: 2010-12-22 20:05    [W:0.133 / U:0.120 seconds]