SubjectRe: [BISECTED] agp/intel: revert "Remove confusion of stolen entries not stolen memory"
Date
On Monday 20 December 2010 19:53:35 Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:12:19 +0100, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
> > Commit c64f7ba5f10 "agp/intel: Remove confusion of stolen entries not stolen memory" caused a regression on my Intel G45 based system, using the VESA
> > Xorg driver or uvesafb. I have not tried if i915 with KMS shows the same
> > behaviour, but can try if necessary.
>
> I'm very confused as to how this would have impacted the VESA video
> driver. Any clues as to what VESA is doing?

Not the slightest idea. I don't understand what your code is doing
either, I only bisected it in order to get a running linux-next
kernel.

> And what is the nature of the regression?

The machine is very much alive, but the screen output is garbled. On
the text console, it shows a couple of characters around the cursor
position all over the screen. In X, it seems to be similar. The kdm
login screen gets shown as a nice pattern of colours, and they
change when I move the mouse. I can't identify anything visible on the
screen though.

Trying with i915 KMS next.

Arnd

  Last update: 2010-12-20 20:49    [W:0.093 / U:0.464 seconds]