    SubjectRe: usbip: somtimes stalls at kernel_recvmsg()
    Németh Márton wrote:
    > I'm working with usbip and I sometimes see a stall when I run
    > the "lsusb" command from the userspace. I added some debug messages
    > and it seems that the kernel_recvmsg() in
    > This is the only place I could find where the TCP messages are arriving in
    > the usbip code.
    > What happens if a message does not arrive? Does it stall forever? If
    > yes, how can the kernel_recvmsg() call changed to handle some timeout?

    I found that the userspace manpage of recvmsg(2) ("man recvmsg") contains description
    of the "flags" parameter. I suppose the parameters and behaviour of the userspace
    recvmsg() is the same as the kernelspace kernel_recvmsg().

    Márton Németh

      Last update: 2010-12-16 08:33    [W:0.019 / U:5.116 seconds]