SubjectRe: [cpuops cmpxchg V2 5/5] cpuops: Use cmpxchg for xchg to avoid lock semantics
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Tejun Heo wrote:

> > Great, that answers that! I'll pick up the patch hopefully today (I'm
> > finally ramping back up on arch/x86 again after having been diverted to
> > an internal project for a while...)
>
> How do you want to route these? All patches before this series is
> already in the percpu tree. I can pull the generic bits and leave out
> the x86 bits so that x86 tree can pull in percpu bits and then put x86
> stuff on top of it. If you wanna go that way, I would drop all x86
> related patches from the previous patchsets too.

I think it is better to merge the generic pieces and x86 at the same time.
Since this has worked so well with the percpu tree so far I'd say we
continue that way.

Regardless of how this will be merged: It would be good if hpa would take
a look at the patches we have accumulated so far.

  Last update: 2010-12-14 18:37    [W:0.078 / U:0.236 seconds]