    SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] [RFC/PATCH v6 03/12] media: Entities, pads and links
    Laurent Pinchart wrote:
    > On Tuesday 14 December 2010 14:31:55 Clemens Ladisch wrote:
    > > Laurent Pinchart wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Shouldn't headphones be represented by an EXT_JACK_ANALOG ?
    > >
    > > Headphone jacks are jacks; there are also USB headphones.
    >
    > So EXT_SPEAKER are speakers not connected through a jack (USB, internal
    > analog, ...) ?

    Yes.

    When there is jack, the driver often does not know what is connected.

    > > > There's clearly an overlap with V4L here.
    > >
    > > These come from the USB audio spec. Video devices are indeed likely to
    > > be more detailed than just a single audio source. :)
    >
    > Does EXT_BROADCAST represent the TV tuner (or satellite receiver, cable tuner,
    > radio tuner, ...) itself, or the connection between the tuner and the rest of
    > the device ? Most TV tuner are currently handled by V4L2 and would thus turn
    > up as V4L2 subdevs (I'm not sure if that's what we want in the long term, but
    > it's at least the current situation).

    From the point of view of an audio device, this would be just some audio
    source, much like a connector. We don't need this if there is some
    better V4L entitity that the USB audio entity can be mapped to.

    Regards,
    Clemens

      Last update: 2010-12-14 16:33    [W:2.418 / U:0.092 seconds]