SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] fixes for tidspbridge 2.6.37-rc1
From
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Guzman Lugo, Fernando
<fernando.lugo@ti.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
>> * Guzman Lugo, Fernando <fernando.lugo@ti.com> [101109 08:36]:
>>>
>>> tidspbridge iommu change are working fine all the patches and few fixes after
>>> that are alredy sent. what breaks tidspbridge, is the unmerged
>>> dependencies in linux omap tree, specifically the iommu module patches
>>> and the SG patch.
>>
>> Care to post a series of the missing patches listed above?
>
> Here are the missing patches:
>
> Fernando Guzman Lugo (4):
>  iovmm: no gap checking for fixed address
>  iovmm: add superpages support to fixed da address
>  iovmm: replace __iounmap with omap_iounmap
>  iommu: create new api to set valid da range
>
> and
>  scatterlist: define SG chain for arm architecture

Those are not the only patches needed, you would also need:
omap: iommu: make iva2 iommu selectable
staging: tidspbridge: enable iva2 iommu

And the one that actually uses the new API for the da range which
hasn't even been submitted to the mailing list.

Personally, I haven't seen the new iommu code working correctly.

--
Felipe Contreras