    SubjectRe: Forked android kernel development from linux kernel mainline
    Date
    On Monday 08 November 2010 00:09:33 Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
    > > On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 04:44:48PM -0500, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
    > >> Hi,

    > >> Just a small comment to say that Android is not the only one (but
    > >> certainly the most visible, and thus easiest to bash on) not making
    > >> effort to get their stuff in mainline. OpenWRT people are also
    > >> maintaining their fork of the kernel, without even using git, and not
    > >> contributing much to mainline (I'm certainly mistaken on that last
    > >> comment).
    > >
    > > Isn't the openwrt stuff just drivers and some arch specific code?
    > > Nothing that is core infrastructure, and nothing preventing them from
    > > submitting the drivers and arch code if they want to, right?
    >
    > From what I can see, yes.
    >
    > > If so, why don't you submit it?
    >
    > because I have no knowledge on the code, nor have any documentation on
    > the underlying hardware. That said, it's in my TODO, but stuff keeps
    > getting in before this entry.
    >
    > >Why don't they?
    >
    > I just checked with some dev on IRC, there might be a time issue. The
    > patches have been synced with 2.6.36 recently (a month ago). So
    > there're still hope :)

    Of course there is, but like I told you on IRC, the best way to gather
    someone's attention is to talk to him. So far, you did not put openwrt-devel
    in copy of this thread, you should have, we are not ignoring anyone's request
    if made available.
    --
    Florian

      Last update: 2010-11-09 14:31    [W:0.023 / U:35.884 seconds]