    SubjectRe: [RFCv3 00/21] TCM Core and TCM_Loop patches for v2.6.37
    Hi Nick,

    I promised you and James to get back to a throughout review for more
    than just the backends. It's still in progress, but here is what I
    think is most important:

    - Sort of the the namepspace for both the file names and function
    names. I think you reluctantly agreed to do that a while ago anyway,
    but I think it's time to bite the bullet now. Please agree on a
    common prefix for both function names and modules. I think the
    target name in the directory structure is the best one, but I really
    don't care too much. The transport_ prefix used in some code is
    really misleading, and the se_ in other isn't too helpful either.
    - make sure backends, frontends and core/ code under drivers/target/
    are properly separated
    - clean up the exported - both as in EXPORT_SYMBOL and simply global
    functions. There's a lot of things that should be static or not
    exported to modules but is right now. The scripts/
    script in the kernel tree is a great helper for that.
    - Similarly the headers could use some re-arrangement. I've been
    trying to make sense of what each header does but couldn't find it.
    In the optimal world you'd have one header for the front-end API,
    one of the back-end API and one or more for common structures
    and defintions. All with a comment explaining what they are there

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-08 15:35    [W:0.020 / U:23.548 seconds]