SubjectRe: Forked android kernel development from linux kernel mainline
On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 20:03:48 -0400
"Ted Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 04:52:26PM -0700, david@lang.hm wrote:
> > also, none of these other patches resulted in device drivers
> > developed for a distro being incompatible with mainline.
>
> What, people can't delete a couple of single lines of code before
> submitting the device driver upstream to mainline?

I've always wondered that but never seen a good answer from the Android
people as to why they don't push the stuff without the wakelock bits and
just keep "add wakelock" patches for those as they do for the core kernel
stuff they hack about.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans