    SubjectRe: VT console need rewrite
    28.11.2010 22:46, Ted Ts'o wrote:
    > How many people do regular login, development, reading e-mail, etc.,
    > on the console? Very few!

    Once I broke the euro symbol in the kbd keymaps and got a kick in the
    ass very quickly :). It means that users continue to use the console
    quite active.

    Another example: I keep getting a new keymaps and console fonts for
    each new kbd release.

    Maybe not a lot of console users, but more of them than you think.

    > If the answer is because you hate X, as
    > you've already pointed out, we already have fbterm. Where is it
    > written that we need to have a full unicode-capable console system?

    fbterm ‎can't help in all cases. For example: we have a limitation
    NR_KEYS, which makes it impossible to use keycode > 256 in keymaps.
    I've already received several complaints about it.

    --
    Rgrds, legion