    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH v6 05/12] media: Reference count and power handling
    Hi Mark,

    On Thursday 25 November 2010 14:49:08 Mark Brown wrote:
    > On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 03:28:12AM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
    > > If the entity is of node type, the power change is distributed to
    > > all connected entities. For non-nodes it only affects that very
    > > node. A mutex is used to serialise access to the entity graph.
    > ASoC has its own power management stuff which doesn't *quite* map onto
    > this one as-is. The power determination stuff is essentially identical
    > (and this is actually nicer) but we have a separate postprocessing stage
    > that actually applies the changes in a sequence which minimises audible
    > issues caused by doing things in a bad order (eg, power down a PGA
    > before you turn off inputs). This is noddy enough to implement, though
    > - we just need a pre and post run notifications to set up and implement
    > the changes I think.

    That sounds feasible. Sakari, you've implemented power management, what do you
    think about this ?

    > BTW, I notice you've not CCed the ALSA list, Liam, Takashi or Jaroslav
    > on any of this - might be good.

    I've just subscrived to the alsa-devel list. I will make sure to CC it, as
    well as Liam, Takashi and Jaroslav, on the next version of the patches. Sorry
    about the missing CC's in these e-mails.

    Laurent Pinchart

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-25 16:45    [W:0.020 / U:0.060 seconds]