    SubjectRe: [RFC] persistent store
    From
    On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com> wrote:
    > On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Tony Luck <tony.luck@intel.com> wrote:
    >> Yes - I assume here that the last "data_size" bytes will be enough
    >> to be useful. But in your case it most likely won't be.  You could
    >> lie about how much space you allow and then include some oops
    >> parsing code to get the vital bits out of what is passed to you. Not
    >> pretty - but it would work. If there are many such devices with limited
    >> capacity, then it would make sense to include this parsing code
    >> in this generic layer.
    >
    > Sorry - finding the good bits from the console log is architecture
    > dependent ... so it can't be done (easily) in the generic code.

    FYI:

    Now we use ramoops for this purpose. Even tough ramoops uses volatile
    memory, it's safe soft-reset and watchdog reset.
    To overcome limiataion of ramoops. not persist, I'm working on mmcoops
    as persistent oops record.

    As the discussed story. it covers the previous oops devices,
    mtdoops(drivers/mtd/mtdoops.c), ramoops (drivers/char/ramoops.c) and
    mmcoops (drivers/mmc/card/mmc_oops.c).

    Actually I tried to enable the lcdoops, display oops message at LCD.
    but it doesn't work since not much time to display LCD.

    Thank you,
    Kyungmin Park