    SubjectRe: kernel 2.6.37-rc2 breaks i915 graphics
    From
    On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 10:23:44 +0000, Chris Vine <chris@cvine.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > With kernel 2.6.37-rc2, i915 graphics usually fails on boot-up after
    > modesetting with my Lenovo S12 netbook which uses the Intel 945GME
    > Express Integrated Graphics Controller. It displays up to the point at
    > which modesetting takes place and then usually goes blank.
    >
    > There may be some kind of race at work here: first, sometimes (maybe 1
    > times in 4) graphics comes up correctly on a first cold boot, but I
    > have never managed to get it to come up on a warm reboot. Secondly,
    > graphics can be restored when I know (but cannot see) that boot-up has
    > concluded, simply by suspending the laptop and then resuming. Resuming
    > the laptop after a suspend always brings up the graphics correctly.

    Add drm.debug=0xe to your boot commandline and compare if there is any
    difference between a successful cold boot, a broken cold boot and a warm
    boot. Similarly, comparing the output of intel_reg_dumper after each
    should yield a few clues as to what stage in the boot process we fail.
    -Chris

      Last update: 2010-11-21 11:33    [W:0.019 / U:184.552 seconds]