    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
    On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 23:45 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
    > On Wed, 17.11.10 23:37, Peter Zijlstra ( wrote:
    > >
    > > On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 23:34 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
    > > >
    > > > This should fix things for people with systemd and GNOME. Yes, all
    > > > others are left in the cold. Sorry for that.
    > >
    > > Is there an easy opt out for that, other than booting a CONFIG_CGROUP=n
    > > kernel?
    > systemd relies on CONFIG_CGROUP=y, since it useses it for service
    > management. It creates its own name=systemd hierarchy for that with no
    > controllers attached. If you turn that off, then systemd will refuse to
    > boot.

    Do expect distro bugzilla entries when this 'awesome'-ness hits the

    > However, it does not rely on any of the controllers, and hence you
    > are welcome to disable all cgroup controlls and systemd won't complain.
    > If you want to disable the automatic creation of groups in the 'cpu'
    > hierarchy for user sessions then you can tell pam_systemd that by passing
    > "controllers=" on the PAM config line. ("controllers=cpu" is the implied
    > default.)
    > There's currently no global option to disable the same logic in systemd
    > when it creates 'cpu' cgroups for the various services it runs. However,
    > you can disable that individually with "ControlGroups=cpu:/" in the
    > .service files. I will now add a global option as well.

    A global knob is a must -- preferably with neon signs on so I can find
    it. Luckily I don't use this GNOME junk, otherwise I'd have had to ask
    how to revert that crap as well.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-17 23:55    [W:0.038 / U:0.844 seconds]