    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
    On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 01:21:59AM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
    > > I think you really want to make this be something which the
    > > application can specify by default that they should start in their own
    > > cgroup. One idea might be to it to the applications menu entry:
    > >
    > > http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/
    > >
    > > ... so there would be a new key value pair, "start_in_cgroup", that
    > > would allow the user to start an application in their own cgroup. It
    > > would be up to the desktop launcher to honor that if it was present.
    >
    > This is pretty much in line with what I want to do, except I want
    > opt-out, not opt-in behaviour here.

    That works for me. One suggestion is that in addition to "opt-out",
    it should be also possible for an application launcher file to specify
    a specific cgroup name that should be used. That would allow multiple
    applications in a group to assigned to the same cgroup.

    There also needs to be a way to start applications that are started
    via the GNOME and KDE session manager in a specified cgroup as well.
    I assume that's in your plan as well?

    - Ted

      Last update: 2010-11-17 03:09    [W:0.022 / U:1.272 seconds]