    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
    On Tue, 16.11.10 13:08, Linus Torvalds (torvalds@linux-foundation.org) wrote:

    > On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
    > >> Well, if I make behaviour like this default in systemd, then this means
    > >> there won't be user setup for this. Because the distros shipping systemd
    > >> will get this as default behaviour.
    > >
    > > And within the desktop where would you put this - in the window manager
    > > on the basis of top level windows or in the app startup ?
    >
    > Btw, I suspect either of these are reasonable. In fact, I don't think
    > it would be at all wrong to have the desktop launcher have an option
    > to "launch in a group" (although I think it would need to be named
    > better than that). Right now, when you create desktop launchers under
    > at least gnome, it allows you to specify a "type" for the application
    > ("Application" or "Application in Terminal"), and maybe there could be
    > a "CPU-bound application" choice that would set it in a CPU group of
    > its own. Or whatever.

    Well, my plan was actually to by default put everything into its own
    group, and then let users opt-out of that for specific processes, if the
    want to.

    Lennart

    --
    Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.

      Last update: 2010-11-16 22:21    [W:4.093 / U:0.016 seconds]