    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
    On Tue, 16.11.10 20:52, Alan Cox ( wrote:

    > > Well, if I make behaviour like this default in systemd, then this means
    > > there won't be user setup for this. Because the distros shipping systemd
    > > will get this as default behaviour.
    > And within the desktop where would you put this - in the window manager
    > on the basis of top level windows or in the app startup ?

    The plan with systemd is to make it manage both the system and the
    sessions. It's along the lines of what launchd does on MacOS: one
    instance for the system, another one for the user, because starting and
    supervising a system service and a session service are actually very
    very similar things.

    In F15 we'll introduce systemd as an init system only. The next step
    will be to make it manage sessions too, and replace/augment

    Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-11-16 22:21    [W:0.020 / U:30.384 seconds]