    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
    On Tue, 16.11.10 11:08, david@lang.hm (david@lang.hm) wrote:

    > >If the choice is between telling everybody "you should do this", and
    > >"we should just do this for you", I'll take the second one every time.
    > >We know it should be done. Why should we then tell somebody else to do
    > >it for us?
    >
    > this is good for desktop interactivity because it no longer treats
    > all processes equally, it give more CPU to processes that are
    > running 'stand-alone' then it will to processes that are forked off
    > from one master process.

    This isn#t good for desktop interatctivey. It is *irrelevant* for
    desktop interactivity -- unless you define running "make -j" a typical
    desktop usecase. Which it isn't.

    Just stop bringing about the word "desktop" here. It has no point in
    this discussion.

    > In the desktop case where you really want something like 'make -j64'

    No you don't. Because that is not a desktop use case.

    Lennart

    --
    Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.

      Last update: 2010-11-16 21:37    [W:0.022 / U:148.192 seconds]