    SubjectLocation for thermal drivers
    Hi all,

    We have a review for a thermal driver for the Intel MID platform pending
    against the hwmon subsystem. See
    http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2010-November/030471.html for details.

    I think a better location for the driver would be drivers/thermal.
    drivers/hwmon is not really a good fit, since hwmon support for thermal
    drivers is optional. Potential problem with drivers/thermal is that
    there are no thermal drivers in there (yet), and there does not seem to
    be a maintainer. Another alternative would be to put it into platform
    code, similar to the existing thermal drivers.

    Thought, anyone ? Is there a preferred location for thermal drivers ?

    Thanks,
    Guenter

      Last update: 2010-11-12 21:37    [W:0.024 / U:0.204 seconds]