    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups

    * Mike Galbraith <efault@gmx.de> wrote:

    > I _finally_ got back to this yesterday, and implemented your suggestion, though
    > with a couple minor variations. Putting the autogroup pointer in the signal
    > struct didn't look right to me, so I plugged it into the task struct instead. I
    > also didn't refcount taskgroups, wanted the patchlet to be as self-contained as
    > possible, so refcounted the autogroup struct instead. I also left group movement
    > on tty disassociation in place, but may nuke it.
    >
    > The below has withstood an all night thrashing in my laptop with a PREEMPT_RT
    > kernel, and looks kinda presentable to me, so...

    The patch and the diffstat gives me warm fuzzy feelings:

    > ---
    > Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt | 2
    > drivers/char/tty_io.c | 4
    > include/linux/sched.h | 20 ++++
    > init/Kconfig | 12 ++
    > kernel/exit.c | 1
    > kernel/sched.c | 28 ++++--
    > kernel/sched_autogroup.c | 161 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    > kernel/sched_autogroup.h | 10 ++
    > kernel/sysctl.c | 11 ++

    Very well contained, minimally invasive to anything else!

    ( Noticed only one very small detail: sched_autogroup.h has an illness of lack of
    newlines which makes it a bit hard to read - but this is cured easily. )

    I'll test and apply this patch to the scheduler tree, so if anyone has objections
    please holler now :-)

    Linus, does this look OK to you too, can i add your Acked-by?

    Thanks,

    Ingo

      Last update: 2010-11-11 19:07    [W:0.025 / U:151.448 seconds]