    SubjectLTTng Mainlining Roadmap
    Hi everyone,

    Here is an updated roadmap for the LTTng mainlining. As you will notice, the
    plan is not exactly to push the LTTng code into the Linux kernel as is, but
    rather to extract LTTng pieces one by one (it's already modular, so it is quite
    straightforward) and push them to mainline as individual pieces.

    This is the approach I have taken for the Tracepoints, which led to very good
    results. I plan to do the same for the Generic Ring Buffer Library, Trace
    Clocks, kernel state dump... these can all be splitted into serparate mainlining

    The new official URL for the LTTng roadmap is:

    FYI, I fixed the ARM PMU reservation in LTTng yesterday afternoon and made a new
    release. So it should now play along nicely with perf counters.

    Feedback is welcome,

    Mathieu Desnoyers
    EfficiOS Inc.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-10-30 16:19    [W:0.023 / U:84.428 seconds]