    SubjectRe: [git pull] i915 regressions
    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 11:33:36 +0100
    Chris Wilson <> wrote:

    > Hi Linus,
    > still a fair few regressions popping up in the i915 driver. Julia
    > spotted an old bug in our error handling that could cause the
    > aperture to be consumed with unpinnable buffers, Keith found that the
    > wait-for-vblank handling changes were not correct for DP, Jesse
    > failed at basic math (and nobody spotted the mistake!) and I

    I think I'm innocent on this one! I think Eric just introduced a merge
    error when he pulled in the i915 changes for IPS. I was using do_div
    (which modifies the first arg), but Eric changed to to div_u64 to fix a
    build error of some kind, but forgot to fix things up due to the
    changed semantics.

    At any rate, it's a good fix and gives the IPS driver good GMCH power
    values again.

      Last update: 2010-10-03 22:55    [W:0.024 / U:44.028 seconds]