    SubjectWriting a console/tty driver -- how to use tty_port?

    Do you have an updated version of Tiny TTY that uses tty_port structures? I'm
    trying to write a new TTY driver for a device that is not a UART, and I'm having
    a hard time finding a good example. I suspect I need to understand the tty_port
    structure, but I can't find any documentation for it.

    One specific problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to get a
    tty_struct pointer in my interrupt handler. The ISR gets called whenever there
    is new input, and it needs to call tty_insert_flip_string(). But it appears
    that it's possible to have my driver opened multiple times, each time creating a
    new TTY. But since I can only have one interrupt handler, I don't know how to
    determine which of the tty_structs to use. I figure tty_port is a way to
    resolve this problem, but I don't know how to use it exactly.

    Timur Tabi
    Linux kernel developer at Freescale

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-10-27 23:07    [W:0.019 / U:75.508 seconds]