Subjectseveral problems with intel graphics since 2.6.36
Dear all,

I have the feeling that 2.6.36 has introduced many regressions
concerning Intel graphics card.

My problems, all of them new in 2.6.36, are:
- suspend is not stable anymore
often the backlight comes back on, but the graphic state is not
restored and the computer hangs hard, sysrq not working
Sometimes not even the backlight is restored.

OTOH, I just went back to 2.6.35 and went to 6 or 7 suspend/resume
cycles with doing stuff inbetween, without any rattle or shake,
smooth like silk.

- flickering of the display is quite common, and often quite strong,
so flashes around like tearing an image for a short time.

- screen redraw problems: sometimes closing a window leaves vertical
traces on the screen, on other windows or the gnome panel. This
can be fixed by switching to the console and back, or forcing a
complete redraw of the window by minimizing it (does not work with panel
of course).

- (minor issue) after connecting an external monitor (video projector)
the adjustment of the brightness is not working. Even if I unplug
the external device brightness adjustment remains disabled.
I have to start xrandr or some GUI for adjustment to get brightness
adjustment back to work.
(not sure if that is a regression)

hardware:
Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller rev 7
Sony VAIO Z11-VGN

Computing environment:
Debian/unstable
X server 1.7.7
intel_drv version: 2.12.0

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094
SHRIVENHAM (n.)
One of Germaine Greer's used-up lovers.
--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

  Last update: 2010-10-27 16:35    [W:0.034 / U:0.088 seconds]