    SubjectRe: Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -8589361717 ns) in current git
    From: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>
    Date: Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 05:46:00PM +0200

    > > > Yes. constant_tsc is among the CPU flags.
    > >
    > > constant_tsc only means the TSC is not affected by cpu freq changes.
    > >
    > > It has zero relevance to cross-cpu sync of the TSC. The clocksource
    > > stuff requires your TSC to be synchronous over all your CPUs.
    >
    > That and not affected by C-States either.

    Well, F10h TSC is P- and C-state invariant - I've never seen any systems
    not passing the TSC sync check at boot so far. And if there are still
    systems where this is not the case or you see the TSC not behaving, make
    sure to tell me about it.

    Besides, the TSC calibration with PIT seems to function ok, and the
    "Detected " line shows reasonable core frequency. FWIW, I have a similar
    configuration here and will run latest -git on it too to check.

    --
    Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

    Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
    Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
    General Managers: Alberto Bozzo, Andrew Bowd
    Registration: Dornach, Gemeinde Aschheim, Landkreis Muenchen
    Registergericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632

      Last update: 2010-10-26 18:43    [W:0.024 / U:63.644 seconds]