SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the xen tree with the swiotlb-xen tree
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 01:11:57AM -0700, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> On 10/17/2010 09:52 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the xen tree got conplex conflicts in
> > drivers/xen/events.c between several commits from the swiotlb-xen tree
> > and several commits from the xen tree.
> >
> > I am unqualified to fix this mess, sorry. I am dropping the xen tree
> > for today (and only not dropping the swiotlb-xen tree because that would
> > be too much work).

Ugh. Let me revert the branch to pull this from to what it was a week ago.
That way Jeremy's tree should not have any trouble.

> Argh, sorry, I should have coordinated with Konrad. I'd merged my tree
> into linux-next to make sure it was OK, but I guess I overlooked something.
>
> > I wonder, of course, why I have seen nothing in either of these trees
> > until today (less than a week before the merge window opens).

That is my fault. I thought the merge window was this _week_ so I happily
pushed the trigger button.

Since I seem to have a knack for making mistakes, let me get some clarification
so that I won't do it again.

When is it Ok for me to put in the #linux-next, new stable features (so
reviewed, acked, etc)? a) Is it post rc7? b) Or is it when Linus releases
the kernel and Linus's merge window opens?

I was thinking it is a), b/c if it would be b), then there is just two weeks
to fix any fallout that might happen due to merging of vast new features.

> I had found Xen regressions that had made it into linux-next and wanted
> to sort those out before adding anything else to the mix.
>
> > Please sort this mess out. I will drop the swiotlb-xen tree as well
> > tomorrow if nothing has changed.
>
> Will do.

Sorry about this. Will definitly work this out.

> Thanks,

  Last update: 2010-10-18 15:59    [W:0.049 / U:0.456 seconds]