    Subjectsysctl_{tcp,udp,sctp}_mem overflow on 16TB system.

    On a 16TB system, we noticed that sysctl_tcp_mem[2] and sysctl_udp_mem[2]
    were negative. Code review indicates that the same should occur with

    There are a couple ways we could address this. The one which appears most
    reasonable would be to change the struct proto defintion for sysctl_mem
    from an int to a long and handle all the associated fallout.

    An alternative is to limit the calculation to 1/2 INT_MAX. The downside
    being that the administrator could not tune the system to use more than
    INT_MAX memory when much more is available.

    Is there a compelling reason to not change the structure's definition
    over to longs instead of ints and deal with the fallout from that change?

    Robin Holt

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-10-03 23:35    [W:0.019 / U:128.304 seconds]