SubjectRe: [linux-pm] [suspend/resume] Re: userspace notification from module
Date
On Wednesday 06 January 2010, Bartłomiej Zimoń wrote:
> Dnia 6 stycznia 2010 0:05 "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@sisk.pl> napisał(a):
> > Well, I think you have some specific issue with pm-utils, but you're not
> > telling us what it is. So, why exactly is pm-utils not suitable for your
> > needs?
> >

> Rafael to be honest it's more dbus specific. I'm talking about
> dbus as it is standard for system<->apps communication.

That was my impression. :-)

Well, I don't like dbus too, but ...

> But please understand if we'll create kernel device with simple pm notification
> It could be hooked by udev and next ... by DeviceKit-power/upower and after that
> we have real standard. But to have this we must export "power" device - something
> like my proof-of-concept module. This could be realy good start.

... that doesn't make me think it should be sneakily replaced with "magic"
kernel modules or similar stuff.

As I already said many times in this thread before, please look for a solution
in the user space.

Rafael