    SubjectRe: [RFC] Shared page accounting for memory cgroup
    On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 12:31:50 +0530
    Balbir Singh <balbir@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
    > > No. If it takes long time, locking fork()/exit() for such long time is the bigger
    > > issue.
    > > I recommend you to add memacct subsystem to sum up RSS of all processes's RSS counting
    > > under a cgroup. Althoght it may add huge costs in page fault path but implementation
    > > will be very simple and will not hurt realtime ops.
    > > There will be no terrible race, I guess.
    > >

    > But others hold that lock as well, simple thing like listing tasks and
    > moving tasks, etc. I expect the usage of shared to be in the same
    > range.

    And piles up costs ? I think cgroup guys should pay attention to fork/exit
    costs more. Now, it gets slower and slower.
    In that point, I never like migrate-at-task-move work in cpuset and memcg.

    My 1st objection to this patch is this "shared" doesn't mean "shared between
    cgroup" but means "shared between processes".
    I think it's of no use and no help to users.

    And implementation is 2nd thing.

    Thanks,
    -Kame

      Last update: 2010-01-06 08:17    [W:0.023 / U:30.668 seconds]