SubjectRe: Linux wireless GSoC 2010 project ideas
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry if I'm a bit off-topic. But as I see this announce,
> I'm wondering about the topics for the google summer of code
> in the wider scope of the entire kernel.
>
> I'm a student and there are fair chances I'll be free for this
> summer so I start to think about applying.
>
> Are there currently some plans concerning other kernel areas?

These would be under the Linux Foundation umbrella, the wireless stuff
I just posted is just for wireless. I do not believe we have a common
forum yet for general linux stuff. Till?

> That doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in a wireless project :)
> but there are many other areas that could host a Gsoc project too
> and I don't want to miss the whole variety of proposals.

The LF projects will be posted on the LF site.

> I guess we also can, as applying students, propose subjects too.
> Provided we find a mentor for the given project, which makes the
> things harder in this direction I fear.

I don't see why not.

> Anyway, what would be the right place to submit such proposals? I
> have various ideas in mind, in topics such as tracing/profiling,
> realtime, among other things... (could be: "Do as much bkl bashing
> as you can in two months, have fun, be brave...").

I'll let Till answer :D

Luis

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans