    SubjectRe: linux-next: add utrace tree

    On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Tom Tromey wrote:
    > In non-stop mode (where you can stop one thread but leave the others
    > running), gdb wants to have the breakpoints always inserted. So,
    > something must emulate the displaced instruction.

    I'm almost totally uninterested in breakpoints that actually re-write
    instructions. It's impossible to do that efficiently and well, especially
    in threaded environments.

    So if you do instruction rewriting, I can only say "that's your problem".

    But using the hardware breakpoints should automatically DTRT, both wrt
    threads _and_ wrt restarting. Sure, there's onyl a limited number of them,
    so if somebody wants more than that they are kind of screwed, but that's
    just how life is.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-01-27 00:41    [W:0.022 / U:5.644 seconds]