SubjectRe: [lm-sensors] Status of Andigilog asc7621 driver submitted by George Joseph on 2008-05-29
From
Hello Hans,

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01/23/2010 06:52 PM, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
>>
>> Andigilog asc7621 driver submitted by George Joseph on 2008-05-29,
>> This chip is used by various Intel Motherboards.
>>
>> Is it still under review and testing :
>>
>> http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2008-May/023257.html
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/lm-sensors/msg26915.html
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/lm-sensors/msg26916.html
>>
>> http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices
>>

> I guess this is partly my fault, I started a review but never finished
> it. One of the big problems is that George did many things completely
> different to how every other single hwmon driver does things. Which made
> the review harder then necessary, and more over made me wonder if we
> should accept the driver in that incarnation at all.

George Joseph submitted the driver on 2008-05-29 and then he updated
the driver on 2009-10-15 for 2.6.30 and many developers are able to
test it and used it.

Are you able to compile the driver with latest kernel git.

> Then a lot of things happened and I never got around to doing anything
> with it at all.

Many new Intel Motherboards are coming with this chip, if we complete
this driver then it will be great.

> I just checked my Drafts folder, and I still have my unfinished review
> in there. So if there is interest I can send that, note that it is
> not a complete review though (there is a note in there which part
> of the code is reviewed and which still needs to be reviewed).

Please provide your review so that we can discuss about this driver
and make relevant changes to accept it.

Thank you,
--
Jaswinder Singh.

  Last update: 2010-01-24 06:09    [W:0.087 / U:0.032 seconds]