SubjectRe: SATA_SIL on IXP425 workaround
On 01/21/2010 01:48 AM, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On 01/20/2010 11:58 PM, Jeff Garzik wrote:

>>> FWIW your patch is now in my atang tree (I'm aware that Jeff is working
>>> on generic solution but in the meantime this non-intrusive patch allows
>>> sata_sil to work on IXP425).
>>
>> I was asking an open question, is a generic solution possible?
>>
>> Something like the attached patch might work, due it is completely
>> untested, and I did not verify that the BMDMA Status register is not
>> stomped. Also, the additional ioread32() calls in bmdma start/stop are
>> LIKELY to be unnecessary.
>
> As I suspected, there is a W1C register in there. But it does look
> possible to do all-32-bit accesses.

It is definitely possible to do all 32-bit accesses... but that
requires activating and exclusively using the command buffering feature,
because direct 32-bit access to the taskfile registers will result in a
32-bit access to Data rather than the desired effect.

The chip docs are at http://gkernel.sourceforge.net/specs/sii/ for those
unfamiliar with my doc archive.

Jeff

  Last update: 2010-01-21 19:39    [W:0.089 / U:0.116 seconds]