    SubjectRe: About ACL for IPC Object
    zhou peng wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > There are ACL in file system, but why there are no ACL implementation
    > in IPC object, eg. shm, message queue, FIFO?

    Most people haven't noticed that IPC objects are even there, much less
    that they have mode bits and not ACLs. Even when we were doing security
    evaluations on Unix boxes in the 1990's they were considered insufficiently
    interesting to justify the additional work to do ACLs.

    If you really want ACLs on IPC objects it would make a dandy little
    project for a summer. I would be happy to review patches.

    > Is there any fine grained granting in ipc object just like in file object?

    As Stephen Smalley points out, you can do it with SELinux, although
    that it rather like driving a thumbtack with a bulldozer.