    SubjectRe: cache alias in mmap + write
    KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
    > 2. Add some commnet. almost developer only have x86 machine. so, arm
    > specific trick need additional explicit explanation. otherwise anybody
    > might break this code in the future.

    That's Documentation/cachetlb.txt.

    What's being discussed here is not ARM-specific, although it appears
    maintainers of different architecture (ARM and MIPS for a start) may
    have different ideas about what they are guaranteeing to userspace.
    It sounds like MIPS expects userspace to use msync() sometimes (even
    though Linux msync(MS_INVALIDATE) is quite broken), and ARM expects to
    to keep mappings coherent automatically (which is sometimes slower
    than necessary, but usually very helpful).

    > 3. Resend the patch. original mail isn't good patch format. please
    > consider to reduce akpm suffer.

    This type of change in generic code would need review from a number of
    architecture maintainers, I'd expect.

    -- Jamie

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-01-21 02:35    [W:0.020 / U:6.648 seconds]